Sunday, December 2, 2007

PSLE results : A father's kind words to his son

It has been a long time since I checked my Yahoo mail. Today, I stumbled upon this email and I thought this was a good sharing for parents. Hmm...so parents out there, you can certainly take a leaf from Edmund Ng, Singapore Internet Marketer.

And here's the email from Edmund Ng :

"Hi Anthony,

For those who might have kids who were 12 years old, it was definitely an exciting day for many yesterday, especially the Mom and Dads out there. Why was it so? It was the release of results for PSLE (Primary School Leaving Examination).

I was there with my son Brandon to collect his PSLE results. Guess what, he had an amazing result. He managed 178 points. For a moment, I nearly freaked out. He did not manage to get into the Express Stream as the cut off point was 188. As for me, I was kind of stunned initially as I had managed 4As and an aggregate of 241 when I took my PSLE 22 years back.

As Brandon stared at the result slip, tears started dropping from the side of his eyes. He was devastated but deep inside his heart, he knew that he had not made the necessary effort. Of course I felt a little bad as well as I had been really busy with my business and had neglected him.

If your kid had scored 178, I think you wouldn't be sleeping well at night. You must be probably preparing the cane and planning a whipping session. You would probably be hurling abuses at your kid or telling him or her how disappointed you were...not me.

Guess what I told him?

I said, "Brandon, welcome to the real world. You hadn't suffered any setback in life yet. This is the harsh reality of life. What you sow is what you reap and you should stare hard at the reactions of the other pupils. Many of them are enjoying the success of their efforts while you were distracted by the games and tv. It is better for you to suffer the setback now than later."

This is not the end, I told him. I then asked him, "Are you a loser?". He said No and I told Brandon, "You are a loser now! You have a choice, you can choose to be only a loser now or you can be a loser for life. I was a loser once but I changed myself and got back onto track."

In life there will be a lot of setbacks. When you encounter them, just look at the bright side. Overcome your setbacks and you will end up into higher ground. Get swallowed by it and you will be a goner.

I always tell my students and customers, hang around with 9 losers and you will be No.10. There are a lot of losers out there. I was a big loser once. However, there are many who refuses to acknowledge they're one. That is the reason why they live in oblivion and slowly fade off without achieving much in life.

***************************************
>>>>>No.2 SEO Expert In The Making<<<<<
***************************************

Even at 12 years old, my son Brandon is miles ahead of his peers in terms of Internet Marketing, SEO, Link Exchange...etc. I'm not even worried about him not making a living in the near future. I want to pre-warn you, you will see a teenage prodigy shine at the age of 16 and he will be probably the richest teen by then, making his own money.

So...don't be so hard on your kid. Look at the brighter side of things. Make sure you counsel your kid onto the right path. The PSLE is just the beginning and in life there are always ways and means of getting back onto the right track.

I was really laughing inside my heart after I sought out my thinking...30 seconds after I saw the freak result. I think the whole chapter will steer Brandon towards more success. Before that, I used to ask him whether anybody has laughed at him before. My theory sounds like this, if you have not been heavily mocked at, you're probably not destined for big success. For me, I have been mocked at for my ideas so many times until I take it in my stride. Guess who's having the last laugh. ;-)

The reason is simple. When Einstein told people about some of his ideas in his earlier part of life, people said he was crazy. More importantly, Albert Einstein did not do well in School as he felt he was studying something that was either inferior or something that wasn't too interesting to him. He was proved correct. I think E.Q. is definitely more important than IQ."

No comments: