Thursday, October 18, 2007

Chemistry rox!

I cannot believe this! Basil and Greg, both my 'tweeties' stood me up. *Arghz.....*

[Calm down, take a few breaths..] Anyway, Basil scored well in Chemistry and so I gave him the permission to enjoy himself. I should not be angry with him for not coming, I guess. Actually, he had the courtesy to leave an SMS at 9 am informing me of his Chemistry marks - '62.5 out of 90' (about 70%). Well done, Basil! You never fail to amaze me. Greg, on the other hand, scored 55 marks and the highest scorer being 60+. Given that, I should say he has performed fairly well but definitely, there is room for improvement.

Since both the boys did not turn up for Chemistry tuition, all my tutoring time was given to Gabriel. Not forgetting, Gabriel has done well too. He scored 81 out of 100 marks, second in class. Good job, Gabriel!

Going back to what I want to share, Gabriel complimented me how interesting my ways of teaching Chemistry concepts was. He suggested that I should write a book on '101 ways to learn Chemistry concepts'. At that point, I have to say I was pretty inspired. More interest grew when he said it can become a best seller. Hmm........maybe I should start compiling and think of what cartoons to use to illustrate the mnemonics. Well, so much for the cerebral humour.

If you have any suggestions or ideas or inspiration, do give your comments or simply hit the 'Chatterbox'.

No comments: